Armtrac Ltd is a company that designs,manufactures and sells mine action machinery. It specialises in Mechanical Demining Equipment (MDE) including the provision of unmanned ground vehicles and platforms for use as explosive ordnance disposal equipment.
Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD):
Explosive Ordnance Disposal is the detection, access, identification, on-site evaluation, render safe, recovery, and final disposal of unexploded ordnance.
How Does Armtrac Ltd Help?
Armtrac Ltd manufactures remote controlled machines and robots that can assist in most phases of the EOD operation.
- Detection – Can fit metal detection, X-Ray or Ground Probing Radar (GPR) to its machines to provide remote detection options.
- Access and Recovery – Can fit heavy engineering and construction toolkits to its direct and remote controlled machines to provide access and recovery options for buried and inaccessible Unexploded Ordnance (UXO)..
- Identification – Remotely operated cameras and manipulators can be fitted to its machines to assist operators to identify Explosive Ordnance (EO) at a safe distance.
- Render Safe – Can fit surface and sub-surface disposal equipment and toolkits to its direct and remote controlled machines.
- Final Disposal – Can provide remote controlled equipment options for final disposal.
Examples of Armtrac Ltd Equipment
The Armtrac 20T Robot is controlled remotely. It can operate for several hours without the need to refuel and it can be used on a variety of challenging terrain. It is used in a variety of operations from technical survey to mechanical clearance of explosive ordnance and vegetation as well as support for C-IED operations and surface IED Disposal (IEDD).
The Armtrac 75t-230can be directly or remotely controlled. It has a 2.2 meter tiller and flail as well as a telescopic boom arm to which engineering and EOD toolkits can be attached. It is capable of destroying and withstanding 10kg anti-tank mines.
Both cabin and cab-less versions are fully remote controlled which allows the operator to remain a safe distance away and the machine is able to carry out multiple roles (demining, engineering and EOD) within a single operation by utilising different specialist toolkits.
The Armtrac 100-350 is a heavily armoured,multi purpose,wheeled machine. It is ideal for route proving operations together with the Armtrac Roller System fitted to the front of the machine; it can simultaneously fit a 3 meter tiller or flail toolkit to the rear of the machine and, if the roller detonates an explosive device, it can turn around and conduct clearance operations instead by turning the driver’s seat by 180 degrees.
It is high flexible because it is fully roadworthy to 50 KPH and therefore does not necessarily require a heavy trailer for transportation to the designated site. Normally it is driver operated but it could be remotely controlled for specific projects if there was a requirement.
These are just a few of our explosive ordnance disposal machines, if you would like to view Armtrac Ltd’s full range, they are available on the website. Or you can make contact through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the phone on: 01638 743979 and you will be provided you with the details you need for your EOD or demining operation.