An Unmanned Ground vehicle (UGV) can be used for Conventional Demining, EO Clearance Operations and Counter-IED Operations.
With so many different types of products available on the market, where do you start to choose the right product from the right supplier to meet your requirements?
Choosing an Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV) equipment supplier
First you need to identify the threat, the type of terrain and any other special considerations. After all, your operation will be unique, and so will the type of mechanical assistance you need.
Are you looking for Conventional Demining or EO Clearance Operations?
- Technical Survey and EO Reconnaissance
- Area Reduction
- Mechanical clearance where there is restricted access for larger mechanical equipment
- Vegetation Cutting prior to manual demining
- Small clearance operations
Or do your require Counter-IED Operations:
- Support to C-IED operations
- Support to Route Clearance operations
- Surface/Sub-surface IED Disposal
- Mechanical Surrogate Scout for Dismounted Foot Patrols
Once you have identified what you will need in general, you then need to start to look at the detail:
- Is ground bearing pressure a factor?
- Do you need specific attachments to add or remove for certain tasks?
- What environment will you be working in, and do you need to consider dust, sand, humidity or temperature?
- Does your vehicle need to be more portable?
- Does it need to fit through a predetermined space, and therefore size may be the consideration?
- Would you prefer to have an operator directly control the machine in a cabin for a better view and control of the operation because Armtrac offers cabin options on most of its products.
- Do you want a wheeled armoured machine to move independently between operational sites or to move on roads at 50 KPH?
If you are unsure about what you need, we are here to help. With vast experience and engineering excellence, we can guide you to the perfect solution for your requirements by offering machines that are large or small, tracked or wheeled. Remote or directly controlled and can operate multi-role demining, EOD or engineering attachments.
Choosing the right Unmanned Ground Vehicle Supply Company
Now you have determined the type of Unmanned Ground Vehicle you need, you need to identify which supplier to purchase through.
Checking out reviews and asking around to get word of mouth opinions are always good start
Take a look at the testimonials on the website of the companies in consideration, you can see a few of ours here: